Administrative Procedure – Board Committee Descriptions:
1) Finance Committee
Purpose: The finance committee will provide input on the district’s major expenses and
investment practices, as well as the development of the district’s budget.
- Review monthly expense reports
- Discuss budget development
- Engage in levy planning
- Monitor legislative developments related to school finance
- Consider cost-saving initiatives
2) Personnel Committee:
Purpose: The personnel committee will assist in the recruitment of highly qualified and diverse
staff, and consider ways to improve staff retention in the district.
- Review existing job descriptions.
- Research and review sources for attracting new staff to the school district
- Monitor legislative changes impacting personnel matters and hiring
- Research strategies for maintaining staff
- Collaborate with community stakeholders on ways to attract and maintain high
3) Learning and Instruction/Curriculum Committee
Purpose: The learning and instruction/curriculum committee will review academic and
instructional programming and resources of the district.
- Review and consider changes to curriculum, as needed
- Monitor compliance with legislative changes to curriculum requirements
- Consider and review opportunities for enhancing and expanding technology for
student learning needs
- Review opportunities to develop partnerships with other districts, CTE cooperatives,
and community colleges to enhance instructional offerings (i.e. dual-credit courses;
AP courses; career and technical training courses).
4) Policy Committee:
Purpose: The policy committee will assist the Board in maintaining the district’s board policy by
ensuring it is up to date and legally compliant.
- Be familiar with the Board’s policy
- Review policy updates quarterly to ensure policies are consistent with federal and
- Present proposed policy updates to the whole board for consideration and approval.
5) Student Support Services Committee:
Purpose: The student support services committee will review and consider student programs and
supports that the district can offer and/or collaborate with the community to offer to
students to enrich their experience at school.
- Review supports in-place to assist student social and emotional needs
- Review legislative changes to ensure compliance with obligations for supporting
homeless students and special education students
- Consider and review programming options for additional enrichment outside of the
normal school day, including summer school programming, after school
programming, tutoring programs, and post-secondary supports.
6) Operations and Facility Management Committee:
Purpose: The operations and facility management committee will review and consider building
and facility needs for all district schools.
- Provide guidance and planning for building and facility needs of the schools
- Consider community feedback and perspective on facility needs
- Discuss ways to make the buildings and operations more efficient and functional
- Assist in the development of criteria for selecting bids for building projects
7) Board Governance Committee:
Purpose: The board governance committee will oversee and review board compliance with
district policies and board member legal obligations.
- Review and stay up to date on legal developments related to board member
- Discuss ways to educate and train members on their responsibilities as board
- Find training opportunities for new board members, as needed
- Ensure board member compliance with policies and legal obligations, including OMA
trainings, PDLT trainings, and filing of Statements of Economic Interests
8) Parent and Community Engagement Committee:
Purpose: The parent and community engagement committee will collaborate with district families
and community members and leaders on opportunities for students, and work to
improve communication and relationships among the stakeholders.
- Collaborate with parent led groups, such as the PTO and booster clubs
- Collaborate with community leaders to provide supports for students
- Collaborate on community events that support students and families
- Coordinate shared resources with other community groups